At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
- Drive forward Company’s vision of automation within underwriting operations while delivering best in class quality and client experience.
- Contribute to the development of the overall New Business Department strategy which includes leading multiple large teams to deliver operational excellence
- Responsible for attracting, developing and retaining high performing talent; creates a diverse and inclusive team and culture; leads team to embrace innovation mindset and create forward-looking solutions that drive business value across a large staff of professional underwriters.
- Catalyst for innovation; advocates and carries forward our strategic automated underwriting vision.
- Builds strategic, collaborative relationships with enterprise stakeholders, including leaders across Insurance, Client Experience, Data Science, and Technology.
- Utilizes technology in tandem with the insurance company's underwriting guidelines to execute automated underwriting processes ensuring risk assessment accuracy which significantly impacts the Company's dividend performance
- Serve as business liaison with regard to communications to the Field regarding all aspects of underwriting and new business, issuing and reporting which includes responding to case appeals/inquiries and providing assistance to help place business. This includes representing the Department at Field meetings and Network Office visits.
- Independently leads projects and applies cross-functional business skills as a significant contributor to intra-departmental efforts, such as new product series introductions and product changes.
- Cultivates peer and industry relationships incorporating innovation and industry best practices into the strategic direction of the company's operations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, or a related field or an equivalent combination of professional related work experience.
- Ten or more years of insurance, risk management (underwriting preferred) and management experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of insurance risk management, insurance products and overall insurance operations.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other business units to integrate work, and leverage people and organization design in a customer-centric fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to establish clear underwriting direction and strategy.
- Possess the ability to effectively build teams by attracting and building talent.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups