At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are seeking a seasoned engineering with strong practical experience in the Identity and Access (IAM) domain. You will lead the modernization and transformation efforts of identity systems across Northwestern Mutual. As a VP, you will have deep knowledge of the IAM industry standards, reference architectures and patterns, and possess the ability to discuss and present to any member of our organization including senior leadership. The right candidate will have a strong engineering background, business acumen, leadership skills, and a strong track record of accomplishments in the IAM discipline. This individual will have an ability to forge relationships with all levels of partners within the organization and will have direct management responsibility of a team of directors/managers and their resources.
The ideal candidate must:
- Bring a strong engineering background with knowledge of software engineering practices like CI/CD, test automation, operational support models, and test driven development/pair programming.
- Understand, strategize and lead initiatives around IAM, authentication, authorization and other related components including technologies and processes like ESAT, SSO, Active Directory, Account Provisioning/Deprovisioning, Certification Processes, etc.
- Have a strong understanding of Identity Management/Web Security/SSO/Federation best practices and concepts.
- Interface successfully with other executives within technology and outside of technology. The ideal candidate must have excellent engagement and communication skills with senior enterprise stakeholders, IT leadership and solution delivery peers.
- Be customer focused, bringing an ability to balance great user experience with best-in-class security.
- Stay current with industry trends in the IAM space
- Act as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions.
- Recruits, direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team
- Be a strong communicator, both verbally and written.
Desirable (but not required) skills include:
- Be able to troubleshoot, debug and fix application and database issues; manage critical support items to ensure prompt remediation of issues
- Have good understanding with OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect and SAML authentication/authorization protocols.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups