At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference!
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
VMWare Horizon Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Recent Experience with VMWare, Horizon View and other virtualization technologies, troubleshooting, architecting, and implementation of technologies.
- Proactively monitor to prevent and resolve application system performance bottlenecks.
- Proactively ensure SLAs are maintained and systems are built for sustainability.
- Understand the technical concepts vital to do your job optimally and are aware of industry trends in your domain.
- Consider and build for many different use cases but avoid over engineering.
- Resolve where to find answers and grow your own knowledge both with and without guidance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years professional experience required
- 3 years of professional IT experience
- demonstrated ability with at least one OS/hosting platform
- validated experience in performance tuning of application stacks, OSs, DBs Etc
- 3 years experience with Cloud based PaaS and SaaS platforms and integration points to On Prem infrastructure
- 3 years experience with virtualization and containerization
- 3 years experience with monitoring and performance management of systems
- 3 years experience with Scripting development
- Networking knowledge
- 3 years experience with Identity Platform and tools
- Exposure to Infra as Code concepts and tooling Experience with CICD concepts, and tools including GIT, branching strategies and using knowledge to assist in delivering an infrastructure as a product.
- Experience with modern development and scripting languages
- In depth knowledge of immediate systems you work on and some knowledge of adjacent systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills within area of expertise.
- Understanding of high-availability concepts.
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups