At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This position is open to a hybrid remote/onsite schedule in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
As Tech Vendor Relationship Manager, you will lead the vendor performance and relationship management capabilities for NM Technology and be the NM contact for specified vendor(s). You will provide processes, guidance and oversight to operational teams and facilitate governance internally & externally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop vendor engagement strategy, in partnership with internal teams, based on business needs, supply market dynamics, and changes in marketplace
- Align with the technology sourcing strategy and communicate to the business; develop and manage the relationship with the key partners
- Execute vendor governance, relationship, communication, on-boarding & exit activities and multi-service provider integration (if needed) processes
- Responsible for defining and implementing vendor scorecards; building and maintaining vendor relationships to drive performance
- Leads governance meetings between the vendor, and internal technology teams
- Measure internal customer satisfaction to ensure ongoing business value creation through vendor management
- Defines, negotiates and reviews vendor performance metrics (KPI’s, SLA’s and OLA’s)
- Analyzes vendor metrics and produces reporting templates tailored to the needs of the technology team's operational monitoring, strategic vendor management assessment, and for executive stakeholders
- Provides support to the technology teams for periodic vendor performance review meetings
- Reviews performance against service level agreements and builds improvement plans in collaboration with internal technology teams and vendor partners
- Addresses and/or escalates issues and risks associated with vendor performance as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Business, IT or related field preferred OR a significant amount of directly related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position.
- 4+ years of previous experience in vendor management, preferably in Technology sourcing or related field
- Proven knowledge in sourcing processes
- Broad understanding of technology functions (software dev and support, infrastructure, data, information security, etc.) and various delivery methods (agile, waterfall, devops, etc.).
- Strong decision making skills and proven interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of ITIL and other Performance Management standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with internal and external partners and to organize and prioritize competing priorities
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups