At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Lead the vendor performance and relationship management capabilities for NM's Digital Product & Design department and be the NM contact for specified vendor(s). Provide processes, guidance and oversight to operational teams and facilitate governance internally & externally.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop vendor engagement strategy, in partnership with internal teams, based on business needs, supply market dynamics, and changes in marketplace
- Align with the technology sourcing strategy and communicate to the business; develop and manage the relationship with the key stakeholders
- Work with business on vendor selection and scoping of contracts / statements of work
- Execute vendor governance, relationship, communication, on-boarding & exit activities and multi-service provider integration (if needed) processes
- Responsible for agreeing and implementing vendor scorecards; ensures vendors are working in accordance with these and are supplying appropriate reporting
- Facilitate governance meetings between the vendor, and internal technology teams
- Leverage relationships to address current problems and work towards business objectives
- Measure internal customer satisfaction to ensure ongoing business value creation through vendor management
- Defines, negotiates and reviews vendor performance metrics (KPI’s, SLA’s and OLA’s)
- Analyzes vendor metrics and produces reporting templates tailored to the needs of the technology teams operational monitoring, strategic vendor management assessment, and for executive stakeholders
- Effectively manages performance governance forums, providing support to the delivery leadership and other key stakeholders including business users, enterprise architecture, finance, and sourcing & procurement
- Reviews performance against service levels and agrees on service improvement plans with vendors; Designs and manages improvement initiatives in collaboration with the business and technology teams
- Addresses and/or escalates issues and risks associated with vendor performance as appropriate
- Education: Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Business, IT or related field preferred OR a significant amount of directly related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position.
- 6+ years of previous experience in sourcing and procurement or related tech operations role
- Prior experience in vendor management preferred
- Strong and broad understanding of technology delivery (design, product management, testing) and project management/agile methodology and tooling (e.g., Figma, Airtable, Heap, Adobe Analytics)
- Strong communication skills
- Good financial / analytical skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong category and general procurement background
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups