At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The primary responsibility of the Variable Investment Product Consultant is to lead the sale and servicing of non-Northwestern Mutual variable life and variable annuity contracts. This includes being accountable for fulfilling obligations as a licensed producer for NMIS Agency. Role includes relationship management along with negotiating and maintaining sales and servicing agreements with variable life, variable annuity and private placement carriers. Responsibilities include assisting with management of investment products including design and implementation of new or existing products, promotion strategies, execution of the product strategy and day-to-day product line management to advance sales and servicing. This position must understand the products they are responsible for and analyzing/developing solutions for sophisticated Legal/Regulatory/Competitive issues that may arise.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to support non-Northwestern Mutual variable product sales specific to Corporate and Bank specialty markets and individual markets.
- Negotiating and supporting joint supervision arrangement with other broker/dealers.
- Interprets field feedback and customer needs and is the go-to product specialist that can explain and translate product or program features and functions to internal and external partners.
- Translates product strategy into product design details, implement changes, and test that products are performing as designed.
- Utilizes expertise of investments products and technology platform offerings to analyze, implement and test platform updates.
- Understands profitability of assigned products via sales growth, net cash flow, product design and managed expenses. Researching product design of competitive offerings, models changes to pricing and rates and makes recommendations.
- Understands the strategic role IPS plays in the enterprise and how investment products integrate with insurance products.
- Provides investment product subject matter expertise to support ongoing product evolution including coordinating and driving efforts with technical, operational, compensation, investment and regulatory professionals.
- Understands impact of regulatory compliance on assigned investment products and participates in project teams to implement necessary changes to products, programs or processes.
- Builds leadership skills and may informally mentor others on small projects, teams or committees
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, finance, economics or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in financial services, with experience in one or more of the following: variable life/annuity products and sales, brokerage operations or compliance and supervision.
- FINRA - Series 7 and 24 and 63, 65 or 66
- Life and health insurance licenses
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Wealth Management industry, including product, pricing, and customer preferences.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, with ability to work within deadlines, prioritize work and multitask.
- Ability to participate as a subject matter authority in departmental or cross-departmental initiatives.
- Ability to anticipate impact of decisions, future consequences and trends.
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks and utilize resources in the industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to make effective formal presentations to small and medium size groups.
- Professional certification - CLU, ChFC, CFA, CFP, CPA or similar designation
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 24 - FINRA, Series 63 - FINRA, Series 65 - FINRA, Series 66 - FINRA, Series 7 - FINRA, SIE - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups