At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
User Experience Researchers inform, shape, evaluate, and monitor the user experiences delivered to consumers, the field, and home office employees through a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques. They work collaboratively with leaders, designers, and other stakeholders to support user-centered, data-driven decision-making throughout the product development lifecycle.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and execute qualitative and quantitative user research
- Communicate research findings and insights to stakeholders and advocate for the end-user in both tactical and strategic experience design decision-making
- Interface with product, design, and development teams to raise awareness of user needs, pain points, and behaviors
- Understand stakeholder research needs and identify the right research methodologies to address them
- Develop UX Research artifacts including proposals, moderator’s guides, and research reports
- Identify unmet research opportunities that can add value and efficiently execute them
- Recruit and maintain lists of targeted research participants from internal and external sources
- Serve as a source of user knowledge for the organization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Master's degree or higher in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI or related field
- 1-3 years of previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research in an academic or applied setting
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods such as interviews, surveys, contextual inquiry, diary studies, card sorting, usability testing, competitive benchmarking, etc.
- Knowledge of user-centered design lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of tools such as UserZoom, User Testing, Morae, Qualtrics, Optimal Sort.
- Experimental design, descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Experience applying research methods to product development/user centered design
- Familiar with many UX research methods with demonstrated mastery of a few
- Executes project work independently, managing simple programs of research with moderate supervision
- Influences project and project leadership
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups