At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Under the supervision of the manager the incumbent is responsible for the coordination of a wide variety of receipt and disbursement activities for the company including inputting and releasing wire transfers, generation of daily cash portfolio reports, and bank administrative activities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities :
- Portfolio Cash Reports Independently complete daily cash portfolio reports consisting of settlement and forecasted activity to support investment decisions. Reports must be delivered accurately by the stated deadline.
- Wire Transfers, ACH (or) PM Verification (must maintain separation of duties) Process federal, and international wires in addition to ACH (Automated Clearing House) requests while adhering to strict key risk controls including but not limited to maintaining dual authority, following signature guidelines, and meeting time sensitive stated deadlines. PM Verification responsibilities include assisting with daily cash management by checking in wire and ACH scheduled transactions and verifying the delivery prior to end of day. Assist with validating bank accounts to prevent fraudulent and misrouted funds. Unverified or unauthorized activity must be investigated and/or escalated as appropriate.
- Bank Account Analysis Process, analyze and interpret monthly bank account analysis invoice statements to ensure accuracy of agreed on services, and balances. Ability to calculate fees and understand earnings credit rates, surplus, and deficits. Report and follow through on discrepancies to ensure timely resolution. Utilize a vendor package to assist with preparing data and modeling used for expense analysis, budgeting, and potential future pricing negotiations to achieve fair competitive market pricing. Understand and explain pricing and services and make recommendations based on trends or comparative analysis.
- Bank Account Administration Assist with opening new or closing inactive accounts. Monitor and provide credit ratings to mitigate default risk.
- ACH Administration Assist with verifying transmissions, edits, over the limit monitoring, and issue handling. Act on client area requests to stop, reverse, or reclaim transactions and follow through by stated deadline. Utilizes general understanding of corporate applications, limits, and contacts to act as a resource to others in the company.
- Payment Research Complete research on inquiries from client areas to provide home office issued and/or lockbox images. Research deposit disputes, and process timely credit or debit adjustments processing errors (bank or internal).
- Check Deposit Receipts and Reconciliation of Deposits home office checks using remote deposit capture electronic scanner. Balance and reconcile daily home office and lockbox deposit transmissions. Process all return items through ISA, or insurance systems and follow through to avoid negative client impact in a timely manner.
- Bank Reconciliation Research, and follow through on all open bank and general ledger exceptions within the stated deadline.
- Miscellaneous duties and project assistance Act as subject matter expert on small projects, process improvements, or enhancements including but not limited to application upgrades, online bank system migrations, or support changing operational or strategic initiatives. Review and revise procedures to stay current and compliant addressing key audit controls and provide desktop guidance. Assist compiling information to satisfy audit requests within stated deadlines. Coordinate training, and back up tasks in advance to provide adequate peer coverage during out of office occurrences.
Education & Qualifications
- Associate or Bachelors business degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or an equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible work experience required.
- Minimum of two years of treasury, cash management, or banking experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of banking, financial, insurance, and investment terms required.
- Demonstrated understanding of security types, asset classes, and settlement terms.
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic and international wire transfers.
- Proven track record demonstrating attention to detail, analytical skills, decision-making, problem solving, informing, time management, customer focus, communication, use of sound judgment, and handling of confidential data
- Scheduled to work during non-federal reserve and/or investment market holidays required
- Knowledge of industry software packages, systems, and online web based tools including but not limited to account analysis, reconciliation, banking payment portals, bank account validation, and treasury workstations preferred.
- Knowledge of money movement and investment clearing windows preferred
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups