At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. The Career Distribution (CD) function is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves. This position is part of the National Training Program that is transforming how training is delivered to reach a new generation of those joining Northwestern Mutual. This role is directly responsible for building and maintaining relationships with field leadership in participating offices. It is critical to the build out, scalability and evolution of the national program.
- Lead partnership with field leadership to deliver the national training experience in assigned network and district network offices.
- Leading a team of consultant resources to deliver the national training experience to multiple offices.
- Gold-standard facilitation of foundational national training program sessions. Observe team facilitation and provide development and feedback as needed.
- Support the on-going development of learners participating in the national training experience.
- Partner with all members of the National Training team, home office business partners, and the field to build, evolve, and maintain the national training experience.
- Support the evolution of content by providing actionable feedback and recommendations at the program level.
- Provide direction to program operational support for scheduling delivery of training, and production of material, communications, and reporting.
- Partner with all members of the National Training team to ensure consistency in delivery of the experience across all participating offices.
- Lead National Training Program delivery-focused projects as assigned.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in business, adult education, communications, or marketing.
Minimum of six years of progressive experience in education/training, professional communications, or marketing necessary.
- Experience in or supporting NM field.
- Excellent writing and presentation/public speaking skills required.
- Ability to give direction to team supporting multiple participating offices. High degree of organization, along with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple assignments concurrently, set priorities and meet aggressive deadlines with a commitment to team objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels; demonstrated diplomacy, sensitivity and flexibility in adapting to rapidly changing needs and priorities; quick, effective decision-making skills.
- Ability to listen, engage, negotiate and influence clients; synthesize and relate complex information; analyze communication and execution problems and opportunities; and implement integrated training / educational strategies.
- Three or more years of proven experience developing and delivering effective curriculum and training programs, preferred.
- Demonstrate NM behaviors: deliver exceptional experience, solve for the client, be a talent multiplier, lead with enterprise vision, challenge the status quo, play to win
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups