At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
You will be joining a high-profile, well-functioning team, working on the financial planning software used to help service our clients. Specifically, the backend applications of the software.
Your day to day will consist of identifying defects, workflow improvements, leading test environments and deployments. In addition to this, working as a technical, hands-on Test Engineer, your job is to participate in the project teams that consists of manual and automation testing.
Under the mentorship of a Test Engineering Manager and a team with a established process. Your role will be that of a "full-stack" Test Engineer. This team is seeking someone who has a strong appreciation and skill in manual / exploratory testing with the capability of writing automated tests.
Your general landmarks are the following:
- Within the first two weeks, jumping head-first into an ongoing project and ask the appropriate questions / do the appropriate research to effectively construct test cases and understand what needs to be done in terms of integration / regression testing and eventual deployment.
- Within one month, understand how our automation framework (node.js) works and be able supply to our automation tests.
- Within two months, discuss high-level functionality and infrastructure of entire website. You should understand all basic user flows and how the technology behind it works.
- Within three months, be able to build out entire features using our current automation test infrastructure (written in node.js) and be a domain professional and the in and outs of the projects you are working on. Being integral to the scrum teams as they build out features for the financial planners. Ability to be self-sufficient with minimal direction and the ability to suggest process improvements.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Validated results of delivering and process improvement (with references).
- Experience on testing methodologies applied to web applications or rest/API services
- Can move quickly and lead projects. Everyone here is exceptionally kind and very willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working in an Agile environment and how work is completed
- Experience with test automation (UI or API)
- Experience working with microservices
- Whip-smart team that is very friendly and always willing to lend a hand.
- Tons of room for career growth. Test engineering team especially is growing rapidly.
- Highly competitive salary
- Outstanding Benefits
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups