At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
As a technical, hands-on Test Engineer, your job is to participate in the manual and automation testing of various web-based vendor applications. You will be under the guidance of a Test Engineering Manager for a team with an already-established, mature testing process. Your role will require that you have a strong appreciation and skill in manual / exploratory testing. Time and training is allotted after hiring to learn our automation framework and language of choice – node.js.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs
- 2+ years of experience with web-based application testing.
- Experience reviewing business requirements, coordinating with business partners to identify test scenarios, and defect management.
- Working proficiency of at least one programming language.
- Experience using Selenium.
- Can move quickly and independently. Everyone here is incredibly kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you need to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Understanding of Node.js, NPM Scripting, Selenium and Webdriver.io
- Understanding of Git version control including branch strategy. Familiarity with GitLab, GitLab CI, Docker and Jenkins for CI/CD is preferred but not required.
- Ability and confidence to peer-review code for quality, cleanliness, and general best practices.
- Experience with using Fiddler or Wireshark, Postman, Browser DevTools, CLIs. Any similar experience is acceptable for manual testing and analysis needing to be performed in the role.
- Desire to work closely with an agile development team, but also collaborate regularly with other test engineers across projects to mature testing practices.
- Whip-smart team that is very friendly and always willing to lend a hand.
- Tons of room for career growth.
- Highly competitive salary
- Outstanding Benefits!
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
- Software Engineering, MIS or related field. One or more certifications in penetration testing or security (e.g., Security+, Network+, CEH, etc.).
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups