At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual (NM) has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 161 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
About the role:
Do you have a strong desire for quality and an appreciation and skill in manual, automated and exploratory testing, with the capability of identifying the source of the error using various platforms and technologies? Join a team with an already-established, mature testing process as a technical, hands-on Test Engineer. Test .NET and mainframe applications used directly by our application processor clients. This role will be under the guidance of a Test Engineering Manager.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Creates and/or refines test strategies & plans with guidance.
- Defines and executes test monitoring, control, execution, and completion activities.
- Defines objectives and recommended approach within constraints of context.
- Creates report / metrics, defining key findings for stakeholder.
- Writes test cases based on features / requirements / stories.
- Executes the appropriate amount of testing needed while delivering on cadence.
- Utilizes relevant testing tools and frameworks.
- Creates and executes automated tests with some guidance.
- Understands and can explain frameworks and test automation strategy to others.
- Within 6 to 12 months, gain a solid understanding of the key systems within their business domain and understands the data flows and interdependencies for the key systems in their domain.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- A Bachelor's or master’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in software testing or quality assurance testing on .NET and mainframe applications required.
- Highly technical and analytical hands-on experience in prior professional, educational, or personal projects.
- Demonstrates ability to create or refine test strategies & plans.
- Ability to define and execute test monitoring, control, execution and completion activities in an Agile environment
- Skilled at communicating the need & approach for defect management.
- Ability to write test cases based on features/requirements/stories.
- Ability to effectively execute the appropriate amount of testing needed while still delivering on cadence.
- Understands the value of test first methodologies (e.g., BDD, TDD, 3 amigos).
- Understands basic Test Automation principles and ability to enhance the existing framework.
Got These? Even Better:
- Experience with backend testing and REST APIs
- Experience with Test Automation on UI applications.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups