At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are seeking a Telecom Specialist/Financial Analyst. As part of the Network Services organization, you will be responsible for managing telecom infrastructure lifecycle and finances. This includes ordering, disconnection and auditing of telecom services such as Internet circuits and the payment and reconciliation of invoices related to telecom services. Additional duties include management of structured cabling expenses for remote offices, including an internal chargeback process.
Must be detailed orientated and work well both independently and within a team. Accuracy is important. Previous experience working with telecommunication carriers and/or supporting telecom equipment is preferred.
Initial expectations include validating accuracy of circuit inventory, developing processes to ensure ongoing accuracy of all records and finding efficiencies in existing processes. Long-term goals may include additional budget management and financial responsibilities with the Network Services space.
- Under direction of the team, validate, audit and process for payment, telecommunication invoices from a variety of telecom carriers for accuracy. This includes comparison of past payments, looking for trends and exceptions and tracking purchase order spend. It also includes comparison of charges to contractual pricing.
- Work with carriers and accounts payable personnel to resolve billing issues. Problem resolution skills and follow-through are important.
- Working with vendors, track equipment returns for credits or charges.
- Audit the moves, adds, and changes that are made to the Wide Area Network, insuring that the invoices are accurate and current. Change details originate from published change records and other sources.
- Assist in the monthly internal chargeback process.
- Collaborate with an outsourced Telecom Expense Management group that processes local telephone invoices. This includes sharing Wide Area Network change information and scanning new invoices for their review.
- Maintain and use various software applications for asset tracking, analyzing telecom services and invoices. Tangoe Rivermine, Coupa, HP Asset Manager, PeopleSoft, AT&T Business Direct, Verizon Enterprise and other telecom portals.
- Assist other departments with any telecom/cable questions/concerns/budget chargeback.
- Maintain process documentation and records as required:
- Telecomm expenditures tracked against annual purchase orders.
- Wide Area Network locations.
- Open Issues and Problems Log.
- Internal chargebacks for toll free, teleconferencing, phone lines, etc.
- Track monthly usage and expense for toll free numbers.
- Various reports requested by management, internal clients and vendors.
- Work with team to plan ordering and disconnection of data circuits.
- Input orders through TEM and track process to ensure timely connection.
- Track contracts for correct MRC, NRC and renewal dates.
- Ensure TEM is updated and accurate for inventory.
If this role is of interest, we would love to hear from you!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups