At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Technology Coordinator is responsible for providing both 1st and 2nd level operational productivity assistance to Field customers on computer and related hardware and software technologies. Responsible for the resolution of all Field Link computer associated problems.
The Senior Field Help Desk Technician supports the Network Support Division (NSD) management with responsibilities for collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and recording of highly technical and diverse data required for both problem identification and effective maintenance of the Field's computer system. Manages proprietary software changes and the introduction of new and highly complex technologies.
1. (55%) Collects, interprets, and analyzes data required to identify and evaluate Field computer and related hardware and software problems. Through in-depth knowledge of highly technical personal computer (PC) software/hardware configurations and operating systems and environments, isolates the cause(s) of complex PC problems, and takes or specifies appropriate corrective action. While working in a very stressful atmosphere responsible for communicating this highly technical information to a wide range of both a technical and non-technical audience and doing so in a way that makes the information useful and helpful. A strong Knowledge of PC's, Printers, LAN's, Internet and Telecommunications and PDA's needed.
2. (15%) Acts as an advanced technical consultant to the Field. The most difficult, unique and challenging problems are resolved here. Communicates with our most technical and challenging clients.
3. (10%) Helps manage the installation of LINK software changes and NML supported commercial vendor software packages, including core operating system upgrades. Isolate and track software problems associated with changes, providing solutions to all, including Field Help Desk Technician staff while working under a high level of pressure meeting critical company deadlines.
4. (10%) Participates in the implementation of changes and modifications to the Field computer environment made necessary by the frequent upgrades to more advanced technology. Develops innovative approaches to highly complex and unique technical problems, creates or updates both internal and customer documentation and maintains a high degree of proficiency in all aspects of the computer desktop environment. Acts as the primary support group for complex software and hardware.
5. (5%) Escalates to and works with various H.O. technical support specialists, software companies (i.e. Microsoft, Dell, HP, etc.) in the resolution of one of a kind problems. May require traveling to Field offices. Provides business solutions to a business problem. Keeps management appraised of potentially volatile situations. Takes responsibility and ownership of the problem.
(5%) Maintains a very high level of proficiency and expertise in the complex computer hardware and software technologies through continuous education, advanced training and study.
Typically Associates degree in Computer Science or related field.
Typically at least 2 years Level 1 Help Desk experience or non Northwestern Mutual Help Desk experience required.
Good technical knowledge of business personal computers, printers and software.
Proven help desk experience troubleshooting PC related problems in a Windows environment.
Experience with networks, telecommunications and the Internet preferred.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, demonstrating tact and diplomacy in obtaining information and cooperation relative to the solution of a problem
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups