At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
A Lead Agile Program Manager supports engineering teams in delivering software solutions people love by driving program-level agile delivery maturity and managing complex technology initiatives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines and executes the strategy for agile maturity within a program. Enables a consolidated channel for intake of new work that drives consistency, clarity, and collaboration. Accountable for setting JiraAlign structure and governing program backlog processes.
- Enables successful PI planning through facilitating readiness, execution, and continuous improvement. Drives transparency of objectives, risks, and dependencies. Ensures alignment of priorities with engineering deliverables and commitments based on team velocities.
- Enables predictable and accelerated delivery of business value through effective PI execution. Actively manages risks and works closely with engineering lead to manage program dependencies and follow-ups. Proactively creates transparency to program PI health. Provides agile coaching and facilitates continuous improvement through inspect and adapt.
- Enables the efforts of complex initiatives by aligning the technology deliverables to the underlying agile delivery structure of engineering teams. Supports the creation of a single, unified plan to deliver on the initiative objectives. Creates transparency to initiative deliverable progress. Identifies and removes impediments.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of 9 years of professional experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of agile methodology experience.
- Experience managing vendor interactions/efforts with vendor dependencies.
- Experience with project management methodologies or SDLC (systems development life cycle)
- Working knowledge of project management / agile tooling.
- This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups