At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As the WIRX team at Northwestern Mutual, we envision a work environment with digital capabilities that are a catalyst to realizing our company strategy while aligning with experiences that our workforce finds most valuable in their personal lives. This includes Enterprise Reliability, Identity and Access Management, and Digital Workplace.
We are seeking a Technical Product Owner to help build the tools and experiences that empower advisors and help clients achieve their dreams. Work with a dedicated team of engineers, designers, data scientists and financial experts to discover, build and launch features that enable clients to achieve financial security.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Set Product Vision: Independently, and in some cases co-create with a Sr PM, the foundational vision of the product and what it is trying to solve for. Define and track KPIs for measure of success.
- Develop Roadmap: Responsible for ingesting new items on the roadmap per documented prioritization framework(s). Define and track KPIs for measure of success.
- Gather Requirements: Understand the problem state and unmet needs of the client for the objective of defining the product.
- Define the product & Stakeholdering: Work with technology, design, customers/users, to shape and test the product and communicate why this is the right product, how it will work, and what defines metrics for success.
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences are aligned.
- Author User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively.
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or ROI.
- Facilitate Ceremonies: Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-3 Years of prior experience with at least 1 working in a Product Management role.
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience, knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, previous research experience, familiar with Agile and Scrum framework.
- Must have demonstrated some cross functional work in previous experience.
- Strong communication skills, strong time management, project management skills, business acumen, and high self awareness and EQ.
- Ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements and work in ambiguity and solution.
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations; analyze possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedent
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups