At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Technical Product Manager/Owner in the Core Data and Analytics department, you'll be called upon to think both technically and strategically. You'll work across functions and/or departments to understand the data needs of the business, facilitating relationships between business clients or product managers and technical resources. With a focus on addressing business processes and the underlying data needed that support those processes, you will identify options, work to gain consensus on approach, develop requirements and related business rules, and work closely with business unit and domain subject matter experts to implement solutions for solving complex business challenges.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Own Product Vision: Independently, and in coordination with other Product Managers, own the vision for an initiative or product. As a member of one or more agile teams, own the vision of the products for which those teams are accountable. Define and track KPIs for measure of success.
- Develop Roadmap: Responsible for ingesting new items on the roadmap per documented prioritization framework(s). Define and track KPIs for measure of success.
- Gather Requirements: Understand the problem state and unmet needs of the consumer as the objective of defining the product
- Work with Key Stakeholders to Define the Product: Work with other product managers, engineers, consumers, and leadership to shape and test the product, communicate the product direction, articulate its function, and identify measures of success.
- Design Partnership: Partner with engineering to ensure consistency with future state architecture and consumer experience
- Author User Stories: Detail requirements and identify acceptance criteria used to build and validate use cases and user stories for a product and communicate them effectively.
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value and return on investment
- Actively Participate in Agile Ceremonies: Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning and Refinement Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-3 Years of prior experience with at least 1 working in a Product Management role.
- Knowledge Preferred: business analyst, engineering or testing experience, knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, previous research experience, familiar with Agile and Scrum framework.
- Must have demonstrated some cross functional work in previous experience.
- Strong communication skills, strong time management, project management skills, business acumen, and high self awareness and EQ.
- Ability to describe product requirements into technical requirements and work in ambiguity and solution.
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations; analyze possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedent.
Agile Methodologies - Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA - Basic
Backlog Management - Intermediate
Daily Scrum - Intermediate
Data Analysis - Basic
Industry Benchmarking - Basic
Product Demonstrations - Basic
Product Management - Intermediate
Product Roadmapping - Basic
Requirements Gathering - Basic
Structured Query Language (SQL) - Basic
Storytelling - Basic
Technical Writing - Basic
Consumer Research - Basic
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups