At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
As the Consultant for Talent and Leadership Development, reporting to the Assistant Director of Talent and Leadership Development, you will play a key role on the team in the design, development, and implementation of comprehensive talent strategies for our field organization. This role focuses on the evolution of the talent management processes that include gathering and analyzing data, identifying and assessing talent, and influencing development programs to the goal of growing our distribution system.
- Utilize data analytics and insights to recommend solutions and measure the health of the talent pipeline and the impact of programs and or initiatives
- Help identify and develop approaches to talent management that best leverages involvement from internal and external partners
- Help articulate and map leadership career paths
- Partner with the talent and leadership development team to help identify talent assessments that support the leadership development and talent strategies
- Support the identification and development of diverse talent into, and advancement through leadership roles
- Support Assistant Director in defining high-potential measures for all levels of leadership
- Help facilitate internal talent conversations and processes to ensure alignment and consistency in achieving talent strategy
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Strong ability to organize and analyze data, drawing conclusions or recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and/or facilitate systemic talent management experiences
- Possess holistic systems view while demonstrating a high level of consulting, influencing, and decision-making skills
- Collaborate with multiple key stakeholders representing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to take an idea from conception to successful and sustainable execution
- Ability to articulate an independent point-of-view, and challenge conventional practices.
- Proven ability to influence without authority with key stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Strong change management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working within complex and large organizations. At least 3+ years of experience in talent management/leadership development and/or 3+ years in a distribution leadership function
- Strong analytical and research skills with a proven ability to absorb complex information and independently solve problems in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to lead, manage and collaborate in multiple and diverse projects.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with an ability to make presentations and create written reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to establish rapport at all levels
- High degree of self-motivation with leadership and initiative in sharing information, contributing towards group goals, and accepting responsibility for results.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups