At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
We are seeking a passionate AV Platform Engineer who will support systems infrastructure, hardware, and software, including analysis, planning, design, development, implementation, provisioning, upgrade and day-to-day operations. Applying established best practices, you will take charge of build decisions to achieve strategic objectives in the areas of service management, risk management and project delivery. You will: execute Detail Design tasks and build associated deliverables; consult on services; provide functional analysis and oversight for incident management; establish monitoring and automation processes to increase efficiencies. Advocate for and ensure application performance and availability to meet business needs, including firefighting, monitoring, application checkouts, and engagement with high priority incidents and problems - 24/7. A strategic thinker, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage relationships with Development, Infrastructure, Product, and other Application Support stakeholders to deliver and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Includes initial implementation, upgrade of infrastructure and software solutions and processes with the objective of keeping the business operating.
- Accountable for providing functional analysis, coordination for major problem and incident management.
- Responsible for using engineering best practices and an understanding of business needs to improve infrastructure and systems software solutions and services to reduce ongoing maintenance costs and improve scalability and reliability.
- Accountable for short and long term planning, health checks, software and hardware patching, security, performance analysis, and tuning in order to maintain performance and availability of services.
- Accountable for establishing proactive monitoring and automation processes to increase efficiencies.
- Security approach with a good understand of risk assessment.
- Accountable to serve as an escalation point to deliver reliable systems by aligning with ITIL Service Management methodologies for incident, problem, change, release, and knowledge management.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities by motivating team members and influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Support effortless customer experience and effective use of Self Service, Community and Knowledge Management for users, front line support, and our teams.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field OR a significant amount of directly-related work experience
- 1-3 years professional experience required
- At least 1 years of professional operations, software engineering, debugging, analysis, testing and software documentation experience
- Familiarity using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- At least 1 year experience with specific technical languages, tools and platforms (Python, API, PowerShell, Git, AWS, Java) *Python and API preferred
- Knowledge of Operations and Customer Service processes and workflows
- Proficient programming skills
- Possess an application support and customer-centric mindset and attitude, along with a passion for learning and building on core business knowledge and technical base.
- Able to work with minimal direction
- Experience in customer support role (tech or non-tech) / helping resolve people's issues.
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups