At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a Systems Software Engineer who will be responsible for overall system automation and improving developer experience within NM along with the eagerness to learn and grow with a winning team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Work to automate and improve the developer experience for our engineers
- Proficiency in DevOps and Agile principles
- Apply engineering standard methodologies to analyze and develop software solutions
- Leverages established coding standards, best practices, and automation capabilities to develop solutions to support our users
- Identify technical problems and develop software solutions and/or automation capabilities
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2-3 years of working experience
- AWS or Docker or Kubernetes Certification Preferred
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services (AWS Certified Preferred), and containerized applications and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes – CKA Preferred)
- Experience with monitoring and performance management/tuning of systems
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code frameworks (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience working with DevOps, CICD, GitOps, Agile methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation and how to apply it with services such as Gitlab CI, Jenkins, CodePipeline, or Circle CI
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solver who enjoys learning on the job and thinking outside of the box
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups