At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Join a team doing the meaningful work of keeping our clients' personal data secure!
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help perform schema database changes and work with our DBA’s on data masking and refresh. This role requires an Agile approach to take up new challenges and work as teammate on an impactful team.
This team manages and protects non-production environments which includes remediating Personal Identifiable Information (PII) data as well as creating and configuring test environments and resolving environment/data issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Write complex SQL queries and execute to perform smoke testing after data refreshes.
- Track and debug data issues and identify the root causes.
- Keep track of schema changes in production and the golden copies.
- Document playbooks for data refreshes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1-3 years of related technical experience.
- Solid understanding of database concepts and all database objects.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience in a mainframe environment.
Nice to have –
- Experience with Python
- Experience with data comparison testing tools.
- Experience with data migration or refresh (Mainframe, Sybase and Amazon cloud etc.)
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups