At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What will you do?!
As a Systems Engineer, we are looking for a well rounded engineer with the ability to monitor, proactively to prevent and resolve application system performance bottlenecks. You will demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills within area of expertise, demonstrate your understanding of high-availability concepts and proactively ensure SLAs are maintained as well as systems are built for sustainability.
What this role requires:
3 years of experience in the following:
- At least one OS/hosting platform
- Performance tuning of application stacks, OSs, DBs Etc
- Cloud based PaaS and SaaS platforms and integration points to OnPrem infrastructure
- Virtualization and containerization
- Monitoring and performance management of systems
- Scripting development
- Identity Platform and tools
Bring your best skills!
- Outstanding networking knowledge
- Exposure to Infra as Code concepts and tooling Experience with CICD concepts, and tools including GIT, branching strategies and leveraging knowledge to assist in delivering an infrastructure as a product.
- Experience with modern development and scripting languages
- A strong understanding of technical concepts necessary to do your job effectively and are aware of industry trends in your domain.
- You have a good sense of where to find answers and are able to grow your own knowledge both with and without guidance
- You have in depth knowledge of immediate systems you work on and some knowledge of adjacent systems.
- You consider and build for many different use cases but avoid over engineering.
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups