At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
As a Systems Analyst supporting the Campus and Event Experiences (CEE) building automation and security business areas, you will develop integrated solutions, modernizing, consolidating and coordinating independently-designed applications to meet business needs. Partnering with Architecture and in keeping with development standard methodologies, you will analyze business/functional specifications to deliver quality applications/systems while minimizing cost and optimizing maintainability. In converting high-level architectural design into detailed application design, you will provide estimates and establish development environments. Working from project requirements, you will prepare/maintain application/systems documentation.
Having an agile mindset and working with Scrum and JIRA is required (if you don't have this approach or knowledge in way of working, you must have the desire to learn). Support will include vendor packages in this area. Campus Event & Experiences is growing in the need for technical development and support with new vendors and technologies. Great opportunity in an exciting business area.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years professional experience required
- 2-4 years proven experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices
- Demonstrated critical thinking, ownership mentality and continuous learning
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business
- Understanding of design patterns and architecture
- Ability to work on Windows servers support client server and web applications using IIS. System performance and Windows administration
- Software installations and troubleshooting desktop software/hardware
- Hardware devices supporting Security and Building automation where network connectivity is needed and device configuration/troubleshooting needed.
- Network Connectivity Understanding - IoT (Internet of things) many devices and understanding connectivity between network/firewall/application/PC are regularly needed.
- Batch automation and Integration – Linux scrips/Windows scripts/GitlabCI/powershell/Ansible/Nexus/Kubernetes/RestAPI
- Database – SQL Server predominantly some UDB. SQL scripting/queries
- Application monitoring/Testing – New Relic/Kevlar/ELK/Vigil a bonus
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups