At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
You will be joining the NM Connect Support Team in Milwaukee, WI. This team supports the NM Connect(NMC) portal, used by our Financial Representatives and our Home Office staff to access client information creating opportunities to better service our policy owners with Financial Planning and Servicing their existing products. Our NMC platform is constantly growing with exciting new features!
As a Support Engineer, you will be an integral part in the customer experience.
This includes creating and maintaining monitoring scripts, on-call support, engagement with various teams across the organization, and resolving high priority incidents and problems. Our team works in a fast-paced agile environment focused on doing what’s right for our customers. Bring your eagerness to learn and grow with our team!
Advocate for and ensure application performance and availability to meet business needs, including on-call support, firefighting, monitoring, application checkouts, and engagement with high priority incidents and problems - 24/7
- Apply engineering best practices in order to analyze, design, develop, deploy and maintain software/monitoring solutions to drive strong performance and high availability to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Drive customer engagement workflow, including technical analysis and resolutions for escalated incidents, service requests, and problems.
- Advocate for technology needs of users, proactive monitoring for business issues, and support cross-team engagement for resolution of issues
- Support effortless customer experience and effective use of Self Service, Community and Knowledge Management for users, front line support, and our teams.
- Develop & Leverage relationships with Development, Infrastructure, Product and other Application Support stakeholders to deliver and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field OR a significant amount of directly-related work experience
2-3 years professional experience required
- At least 2 years of software engineering, debugging, analysis, testing
- Familiarity using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Basic understanding of monitoring tools such as New Relic and Dynatrace
- Basic knowledge of AWS platform/services
- Basic understanding of micro-service architecture
- Basic understanding and experience with DevOps processes and methodologies
- Basic understanding and experience of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Operations and Customer Service processes and workflows
- Possess an application support and customer-centric mindset and attitude, along with a passion for learning and building on core business knowledge and technical base.
- Able to work with minimal direction
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups