At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Strategy & Research Analyst for Innovation, your responsibilities will include bringing a strategic vision to life through a process of identifying research trends, conducting consumer research, and writing business cases for the collaborators.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify Consumer Needs by providing strategic consumer insight and market research to shape innovation strategy and identify areas of innovation opportunity.
- Evaluate Innovation Opportunities: Perform detailed end-to-end, data-driven analysis of proposed strategic innovation initiatives, with findings demonstrated to both make go/no-go decisions, as well as to shape product vision.
- Set Product Vision: Responsible for product vision and appropriate positioning with vital team members across the organization.
- Gather Requirements: Participate in cross functional work to solicit key requirements relative to innovation opportunities.
- Stakeholder: Maintain the awareness and ability to articulate the problem statement and product story to a broader audience outside the internal team.
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences that are aligned with an understanding of the customer needs.
- Data & Customer Research: Inform product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on behavior and experimentation.
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain multiple prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment.
- Proficient writing skills: Must be able to write with efficiency and clear thought process bringing your vision to life
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration or some computer related degree required
- 4-5 years of prior experience in research, business strategy, or related skills.
- Knowledge Preferred: budget management, vendor management, technical market research skills.
- Good to have demonstrated cross functional work in previous experience along with strong communication skills, time management, project management skills, and an intuition for business.
- You’ll work with a hardworking team of engineers, designers, data scientists and financial specialists to define product vision, strategy and deliver experiences to enable clients to achieve financial security
- As a member of the Digital Innovation team, you'll explore problem and opportunity spaces to experiment various hypotheses around new technologies, new products/services, and new ways of working
- Experimentation Mentality: Partner with Stakeholders, SMEs, and/or end-users to analyze and explore industry and tech trends and apply them to problem or opportunity spaces
- Define testable hypotheses and design scaled experiments to validate hypotheses to advise strategic recommendations to senior leadership
- Set Product Vision: Responsible for product vision and appropriate positioning with essential team members across the organization
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business/data analyst/ data scientist, engineering or testing experience, knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, certification or experience with Product Owner or Scrum Master role
- Demonstrated previous research experience, influence skills, initial leadership exposure, ability to translate problems into product requirements, and work in ambiguity and solutioning.
- Solves complex problems; take a new point of view on existing solutions; exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Client-centered approach to identifying problems and solutions.
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups