At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative, and growing. We're going through a digital technology transformation and are making major improvements to the ways our employees experience their work! Come help us build for the future.
What's The Roll?
The Sr. User Experience Research Lead is a creative problem solver that can develop systems of research to tackle sophisticated product and design problems from the tactical to the strategic. Employing different research approaches, you are going to help Northwestern Mutual improve our existing experiences and develop new ones. Become better at research (both qualitative and quantitative) and good at making that research become part of our narrative and decision-making. This is a leadership role so you will need to be able to manage and mentor other researchers.
How You'll Do It:
- Champion our end users through research
- Lead more junior researchers and help them develop their career growth
- Collaborate with team members across design, product, marketing, etc to understand their needs and develop research solutions to help drive the business forward
- Design and implement research from start to finish
- Evolve the practice of UX Research through the introduction of standard methodologies and tools
- Evangelize the role of UX Research through deliverables, workshops, communication
- Serve as an expert on our end users by connecting dots across different research projects
What You'll Need:
- An undergraduate degree in psychology, social science, statistics, business, marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of proven experience leading research efforts with end users
- Firm grasp of the language of research, design, product, engineering, as well as the business
- Expertise in a variety of research techniques both quantitative and qualitative including surveys, one on one interviews, card sorts, and tree tests
- Experience with the nuts and bolts of carrying out research from end to end
- Ability to craft and build sophisticated surveys with platforms like Qualtrics
- Proficiency at developing interview guides and other qualitative research instruments
- Ability to advise with customers to think through problems and develop research plans that go beyond ad hoc projects
- Ability to map end user experience, explain difficulties and suggest impactful change
- Experience managing ongoing and ad hoc research studies with shifting priorities
- Translation of research data into consumable insights that tell a story about our business and products
- Being an authority on the intersection of research and design
- Effective at communication up to and including the C-suite
- A strong point of view with a balanced dose of humility
- Willingness to take risks and fail (and fail again. And again)
- Keeping it short, sweet, and thoughtful in presentations
- Exposing the real story beyond just the numbers
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here (http://careers.northwesternmutual.com/colorado-and-remote-workers-compensation-and-benefits/) for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups