At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
This role is for a leader in Test Automation that can bring others to the table and make sure everyone is on the same page and can drive the Test Automation Process.
You will need to have that can do attitude and have a passion for an automation. Forge relationships and establish cross-team partnerships to deliver on quality goals via automated testing.
The Sr Test Automation Engineer will own the Enterprise Test Automation framework, standards, and processes.
Maturing the Test Automation via coaching and mentoring testing teams on Test automation will be a key component of this role. In addition to significant technical experience in automation frameworks and implementation, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience in leading teams and establishing processes and standards.
Bring Your Best What this role needs
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Agile, CI/CD and DevOps concepts including Scrum and Kanban.
- Ability to review current test automation frameworks, processes, artifacts, reports, tools, and metrics to identify gaps from the perspective of a mature automation framework implementation.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience promoting Shift-Left philosophy within CI/CD and DevOps environments.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, Ranorex, IBM RFT, HP UFT, SilkTest, Cucumber, etc
- Utilize compliance and quality metrics to improve quality standards as part of the regular continuous improvement efforts.
- Awareness of industry trends and solutions around Test Automation, focus on continuous improvements including usage of appropriate tools, techniques, and frameworks
Your general milestones are the following:
- Within three months, analyze the current enterprise landscape, process and maturity levels and start contributing to ongoing test automation improvement initiatives within the organization.
- Within six months, lead and facilitate automation workshops/trainings across the Test Engineering group and provide technical and process guidance on implementing automated testing.
- Independently automate test scripts
- Build all required test artifacts for various Metrics Report Defects and related reports
The ideal skillset we are looking for:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Software Testing/Quality Assurance.
- A good understanding in Software Testing concepts, Test Automation and Test Process Improvements in CI/CD and DevOps setting.
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience in developing automated scripts using Selenium (Java), Appium, TestNG, JUnit etc.
- Experience in designing and customizing Test Automation Frameworks.
- Experience in CI/CD/Continuous testing setup using toolset like Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Git/GitHub, Subversion etc.
- Around 2 years of “hands-on” experience in BDD. Experienced in BDD tools like Cucumber (preferred) / SpecFlow. Test automation experience using Cucumber (Selenium Webdriver Integration) and Gherkin scripting language.
- Exposure to Test management tools like Jira/X-Ray/Jira Align will be a plus.
- Tons of room for career growth! We are at the beginning and the team will be growing - leadership positions are there for the taking if you show the desire.
- Highly technical and hardworking fellow test engineers. We care a lot about what we do and are very active in local meetups and love new insights.
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee tuition reimbursement
- Career and leadership development programs
- Life and disability income insurance
- Competitive salary and outstanding Benefits- paid holidays and generous paid time off, medical benefits, retirement plans, volunteer opportunities, and more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups