At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Sr Technical Program Manager will plan, coordinate and actively handle the IT delivery plans for sophisticated, cross-functional technical solutions that generally spans multiple, technical products. Handles the end to end plan that is inclusive of all of the changes needed to technical products in support of initiative outcomes. Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment and the like.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for aligning one or more large, complex programs consisting of multiple efforts.
- Makes connections across teams and work streams to drive identification and facilitation of interdependencies.
- Accountable for defining the program structure and crafting a single, unified plan to deliver on the program objectives.
- Commits to transparency on objectives, priorities and measures.
- Accountable for identifying, assessing and mitigating program risks and issues, and removing impediments.
- May lead or mentor program managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 9 years of professional experience
- Five or more years of program management experience in technology and/or business functions. Experience with program management methodologies & governance
- Experience with project management methodologies. Working knowledge of project management / agile tooling
- Financial & team management
- Understands how software is developed, tested and implemented as well as technical concepts
- Ability to work closely with engineers, product managers and business leaders
- Experience in testing is preferred
- Experience managing large scale, multi-functional initiatives using a variety of delivery methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, lean, scrum, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to dig into details, learn, ask questions and become the ""go to authority"" on certain concepts and topics
- Leads highly open multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and prioritization for program, project or services; works within general department policies and industry guidelines
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups