At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
CLR software engineering team at Northwestern Mutual under Field Career area of Career Distribution is responsible for building high-quality modern applications used to help our clients service their products. We are seeking a strong senior software engineer skilled in Java and React or similar tech stack experience to join our team.
This position is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities :
- Translating business and technical requirements into solutions
- Monitoring and troubleshooting applications, services, and systems for performance and issues
- Demonstrated critical thinking, ownership mentality and continuous learning
- Design and build out solutions for systems via enterprise AWS platform
- Providing technical leadership, mentorship, and documentation to other members of the team
- Partners with business functions and product management to define, determine, analyze, document and communicate the business requirements and priorities for our solutions
- Works with application and technical experts on the solution design, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the information systems utilizing agile methods
- Identifying, establishing, and sharing standards and best practices for team
- Utilizes working relationships across teams within their division
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years REST API development experience using Java Spring Boot
- 4+ years of experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices
- Modern cloud environment experience. Preferably with AWS Cloud platform, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Core Experience in IBM BPM or other BPM product development (Like Flowable, Camunda, Activiti or Pega)
- Experience creating unit and integration tests using Java tools
- Demonstrated critical thinking, ownership mindset and continuous learning
- Advanced skillset in one or more technical platforms
- Ability to perform peer reviews on code and design
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture
- Experience with AWS technologies and services
- Experience with Dev Ops, specifically with the AWS tech stack and GitLab CI pipelines
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups