At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates technical leadership to team.
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares team standards and best practices within department.
- Utilizes working relationships across teams within their division.
- Assesses and provides solutions to system-wide architectural problems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years professional experience required
- 3-5+ years of experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices
- Demonstrated critical thinking, ownership mindset and continuous learning
- Experience developing solutions using agile methods
- Mentor for the team and department
- Advanced skillset in one or more technical platforms
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business
- Manages own time to meet objectives
- Ability to perform peer reviews on code and design
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture
**Eligible for Remote**
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups