At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual is looking for Senior ServiceNow Engineer who is a thought leader, and champion implementer for our ServiceNow platform and related integrations. The role sits within the ServiceNow Platform Team and is tasked with delivering solutions that integrate various enterprise systems in a hybrid cloud environment. We are a mix of engineers and developers who perform both design and build. You will work in a DevOps team, with a “form follows function” mindset, pulling work from a backlog that can range from core platform to application enhancements, while continually growing capabilities and solutions. You may also participate in innovation and Skunkworks projects, exploring new capabilities prior to product management prioritization.
More specifically, you will:
- Work closely with architecture and building/implementing platform capabilities that include ITSM, ITOM, ITAM, APM, ITBM, CSM, SIR, and GRC.
- Collaborate with ServiceNow Platform SRE team including release to ensure quality and stability.
- Provide documentation of work, in both runbooks, workflows/diagrams, whiteboards, and narratives.
- Deliver a positive and valuable experience to internal and external clients in every interaction
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 3+ years of experience on ServiceNow-centric initiatives, including and active Certified Application Developer (CAD) and senior experience on IT Service Management.
- This is a pro-code position, where scripting and building APIs (in absence of Integration Hub spokes) are required
- Solid understanding of ServiceNow Platform as a product and its capabilities (advanced system administration).
- Curiosity and experimentation – passionate about learning from mistakes and refactoring solutions for capability, consistency, and efficiency.
- Hands on with ServiceNow forms and workspaces; deep knowledge on capabilities, development, and Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Advanced experience working in Agile Scrum environment
- Excellent time management, communication, and organization skills with an aptitude toward creative problem-solving.
- A self-starter with a record of accomplishment in managing multiple sophisticated tasks and ability to work with business clients to help capture and define solutions.
Nice to have:
- ServiceNow Mobile (Mobile, Agent Mobile) application development and configuration experience
- App Engine Studio (Tokyo Release) and application repo integration to GitLab CI (for citizen and pro developers)
- Active and up to date ServiceNow ITxx Implementor certifications or training in one or more applications (CIS).
- Architectural or master architect certifications
- Integration Hub Pro experience
Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups