At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we’re changing the way people think about financial planning with the scale of a Fortune 90 company. We’re redefining and reinventing the industry and changing people’s financial lives with better experiences and better technology. We believe in building inclusive, and diverse workplaces, where every voice is heard. Come help us build for the future!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embody servant leadership and partner with the engineering team and the Product Owner (PO) to drive the delivery of working software and technology platforms.
- Ensure transparency between all team members and stakeholders on the state of the backlog, team performance, delivery, and work plans
- Find opportunities for experimentation and growth for continuous improvement, both personally and as a member of a team.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to ensure backlog is prioritized in a fashion that minimizes delays and handles dependencies as well as product release plans
- Actively contributing and guiding to the refinement of work in the backlog by analyzing requirements and acceptance criteria
- Demonstrates understanding of Agile best practices (concepts like ‘Definition of Ready’ and ‘Definition of Done’) and the ability to teach them to others
- Identify and help resolve risks and impediments
- Work to recognize and facilitate resolution of dependencies between engineering teams, both internal and external
- Crafting and maintaining work progress updates, including Jira and Jira Align data
- Supervise results and ensure visibility of status and artifacts
- Providing information to Management on patterns and trends in the industry, competitors, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- A minimum of 6 years of previous professional experience, preferably in technology
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supporting teams with demonstrated knowledge of solution delivery processes and best practices.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Demonstrated understanding of Scrum, Agile and Lean practices, encouraging XP inspired technical practices, and fostering collaboration vital to help identify and eliminate impediments.
- Previous experience leading agile teams
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups