At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Our Core Data & Analytics team is growing and looking for an experienced Scrum Master to help:
- Build a culture of continuous improvement, foster intellectual curiosity and a growth mindset, encourage empathy, understanding and a steadfast pursuit of excellence.
- This Scrum Master will be a key contributor to our development team’s success by driving principles of empiricism and transparency throughout the development process. The role demands a passion for agile practices, an aim to build partnerships with engineers and Product Owners, and a deep set of soft-skills including facilitation, influencing and negotiation.
- Embody servant leadership and partner with the engineering team and the Product Owner (PO) to drive the delivery of working software and technology platforms.
- Ensure transparency between all team members and stakeholders on the state of the backlog, team performance, delivery and work plans
- Identify opportunities for experimentation and growth for continuous improvement both personally and as a member of a team.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to ensure backlog is prioritized in a fashion that minimizes delays and handles dependencies as well product release plans
- Actively contributing and guiding to the refinement of work in the backlog by analyzing requirements and acceptance criteria
- Demonstrating standard methodologies (concepts like ‘Definition of Ready’ and ‘Definition of Done’)
- Identify and help resolve risks and impediments
- Work to recognize and facilitate resolution of dependencies between engineering teams both internal and external
- Crafting and maintaining all Product Lifecycle documents and project critical metrics on a weekly basis
- Supervise results and ensure visibility of status and artifacts
- Providing information to Management on patterns and trends in the industry and competitors.
Ideal candidate would bring the following:
- Proven experience working with agile teams in software development and awareness/understanding of concepts including:
- DevOps concepts and approach (CI/CD, automation etc.)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), microservices etc.
- Data warehousing, ETL, data modeling and BI/Analytics practices
- Experience with JIRA and JIRA Align or similar work management tools.
- Experience working in scaled agile environments demonstrating one of the scaled frameworks (Nexus, SAFe, LeSS etc.).
- Experience in Financial or insurance industry.
- Passion for operational excellence, problem solving, and ownership in accomplishing results-oriented goals.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups