At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provides quantitative and qualitative risk data analysis and risk reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers in order to drive business decisions and address business questions.
- Access, capture, and analyze risk data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into information risk and cybersecurity-related business problems, decisions, and performance.
- Crafts and produces forecasts, reports, dashboards, and presentations (written and verbal) to tell a story through risk-related data and improve business decision-making.
- Produce meaningful risk analytics that show metrics and key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement for current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Provides consultation to business clients and may participate in multi-functional teams to address business issues.
- Applies new perspectives, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections to improve analytical capabilities.
- Takes initiatives to design and develop deliverables based on interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide range of analytical topics.
- Creates and is accountable for high quality work that drives business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and collaborates with team for speed, agility and innovation in work.
- Embraces continuous learning, curiosity, and ambiguity.
- Shares standard methodologies with peers through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, data visualization standards and analytical processes.
Bring Your Best! Role Requirements:
- Development expertise in analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, or others.
- Data visualization expertise in tools like MS Power BI or Tableau.
- Statistical programming and data mining experience using R or Python.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Databricks, MS Azure, Google Analytics is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in research and data analysis, application of statistical research techniques, and application development that supports business decisions/outcomes.
- Proven excellence in problem-solving, research, quantitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Solid aptitude and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic and presentation tools; modeling, analytic and quantitative techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to capture information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; use accurate logic in analysis.
- Initiative to independently design and develop own deliverables while still being a great teammate.
- Ability to be responsive to changing business needs, manage and prioritize concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Ability to generate new ideas and go beyond the status quo; recognize the need for new or modified approaches. Strong customer/client orientation.
- Strong analytical capability with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field.
Preferred Experience and Professional Certifications:
- Defined and operated processes to provide a quantitative analysis of risk, to include the calculation of probability and financial impact of potential loss events and prioritization of risk mitigation activities (based upon calculated return on investment and the organization's established risk tolerance).
- One or more advanced risk or security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM, CCSP, FAIR).
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with an outstanding company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups