At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead the execution of either individual large, complex, cross-functional projects (generally, >1-year duration, >$1M budget, impacting multiple business areas), or multiple medium-sized, moderately complex projects. Providing project management expertise to the Investment Products and Services (IPS) business area, and related enterprise areas in accordance with Company-approved methodologies, you will assist clients in defining and managing scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk mitigation, and implementation strategies. You will assign, lead and track complex resources, regrouping as priorities and objectives necessitate, to achieve key milestones and accomplish optimal project results. Above all, you are a strategic thinker who takes ownership of issues, moving between diverse tasks with tact, cooperation, and persistence, motivating and bringing out the best in those around you.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business, Project Management or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Four or more years of project management experience to include analysis and documentation and budget management
- Experience with managing projects in multiple technologies and/or business functions
- Experience with project management methodologies or SDLC (systems development life cycle) preferred
- Experience in aligning projects to corporate strategies
- Experience with vendor relationship management and/or contract creation
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to influence and persuade team members, stakeholders and vendors
- Highly desired experience: Strong understanding of financial - Advisory/brokerage industry; Experience in working with third-party providers and vendors or a professional services organization delivering software used in financial services; Familiarity with the data associated with the processing of securities, transactions and lifecycle of an investment account
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups