At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Drive Middleware infrastructure platform product innovation as an expert in your field. The focus of the role will be to enhance the product management capabilities and drive the strategic direction of the app runtime, messaging and integration platforms. Work with a talented team of engineers & developers to define product vision, strategy and deliver experiences that drive business outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Vision setting: Accountable for mid-term term vision for the middleware product portfolio outlining how it aligns with business outcomes and developer needs.
- Goal setting: Establish clear product objectives and key results, fostering alignment among the engineering, developer, and architecture teams.
- Roadmap development: Craft a comprehensive product roadmap that effectively meets developer needs and aligns with other cross-functional initiatives.
- Requirements gathering: Gather complex product requirements, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the platform under your responsibility. Review and validate requirements collected within the team, ensuring they align with the overall product vision.
- Prioritization: Define long-term goals for products and team members, balance priorities considering engineering resiliency, security, cost, and customer feature requests. Align product engineering efforts with corporate strategies and new product introductions.
- Stakeholdering: Proactive communication and marketing of domain products with stakeholders to ensure product strategy and vision is clear and accepted by the organization.
- Messaging and integration platforms expertise: Leverage your subject matter expertise in API gateways, and messaging platforms such as MQ, and Kafka to guide the development of innovative and technically sound solutions.
- Market research and strategy: Understand market trends in middleware platforms and prioritize pilots/no-regret work for architects and engineers to support business needs. Use data and market research to prioritize and develop product strategies that cater to developer needs.
- Go-to-market approach: Develop effective go-to-market and release methodologies for products within the middleware, messaging and integration space and ensure successful product launches and adoption.
- Resolution: Identify and resolve issues that may impair the ability to meet strategic, financial, and/or technical goals.
Bring your best! what this role needs:
- Infrastructure, DevOps, SRE or Platform Engineering experience
- 5-7 Years of prior experience with at least 2 working in a Product Management Role, with agile team experience.
- Must have demonstrated successful cross functional work in previous experience along with excellent communication, strong facilitation and project management experience, strong business acumen and high self awareness/EQ.
- Along with previous research experience required, influence skills, previously proven successful leadership partnerships, be an expert in translating product requirements into technical requirements, high ability to work in ambiguity and solution effectively.
- Ability to proactively identify and solve the most complex problems; use ground-breaking methods to think beyond existing solutions
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups