At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Set Product Vision: Responsible for product vision and appropriate positioning with crucial team members across the organization. Develop Roadmap: Cultivate the development, acceptance and communication of roadmap. Define and track KPIs for measure of success.
Define the product: Responsible for multiple low to medium complexity products and product features from start to finish.
Maintain the awareness and ability to articulate the product story to a broader audience outside the internal team with additional experience and maturity in the domain. Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences that are aligned with a quarterly vision with an understanding of the total design process.
Author User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively.
Data & Customer Research: Inform product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on behavior and experimentation.
Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain multiple prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4-5 Years of professional experience with at least 4 working in a Product Management Role, with agile team experience.
- Have data and analytics experience with a minimum of 3 years of working within a department with Analytics as a primary focus.
- Be familiar with foundational analytical platform concepts such as: data ingestion, transformation & consumption/usage, privacy, and governance standards.
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience, knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, certification or experience with Product Owner or Scrum Master role.
- Experience with multitasking and cross functional work in previous experience along with strong communication skills, time management, project management skills, eye for business and high self-awareness/EQ.
- Validated previous research experience, influence skills, initial leadership exposure, ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements, and work in ambiguity and solutioning.
- Solves sophisticated problems; take a new point of vi on existing solutions; exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
Preferred Skills-Proficiency Level:
- Adobe Analytics - Intermediate
- Agile Methodologies - Intermediate
- Atlassian JIRA - Intermediate
- Backlog Management - Intermediate
- Cases - Basic
- Continuous Improvement (CI) - Basic
- Daily Scrum - Intermediate
- Data Analysis - Intermediate
- Industry Benchmarking - Intermediate
- Microsoft Power BI - Intermediate
- Product Demonstrations - Intermediate
- Product Management - Intermediate
- Product Road-mapping - Intermediate
- Requirements Capturing - Intermediate
- Structured Query Language (SQL) - Intermediate
- Storytelling - Basic
- Technical Writing - Intermediate
- User Research - Intermediate
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups