At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Are you an expert Network Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior or lead role? If so, we want to talk to you.
- Apply best practices to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support network infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more areas of network technology, including SDN, Spine Leaf Architecture, Routing / Switching, MPLS, BGP, and Data Center architecture.
- Lead projects to define and implement network infrastructure in support of business needs.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Experience with network engineering including analyzing, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting network solutions, and/or infrastructure implementation/upgrades.
- Expertise in one or more of the following technologies and/or platforms: Arista, Juniper, Aruba, Cisco, Palo Alto, Spine/Leaf designs, BGP/OSPF routing protocols, routing/switching, Software Defined Networks, LAN / WAN configurations, Application Delivery controllers, Data center switching and converged networks, MPLS/ VPLS, VXLAN, MLAG, HA and resiliency architectures.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Senior or Lead Network Engineer, designing and managing highly available network infrastructure.
- Knowledge in layer two and layer three routing and switching
- Knowledge/understanding of configuring and deploying network switches and routers including adding VLANs and routing protocols (including TCP/IP, BGP, and Multicast)
- Experience with design, provisioning, and troubleshooting of WAN and LAN connectivity technologies (i.e. MPLS, LACP)
- Experience with MPLS a must.
Knowledge/familiarity with the following required:
- ACLs, TCP/IP sub-netting, and VLAN trunking
- Priority Queuing, Class of Service (CoS), and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Network monitoring solutions
- CCNP / CCIE / JNCIE Certification
Knowledge/familiarity with the following a plus:
- WAN/Optical technologies
- Managing DNS/DHCP/IPAM
- SDN/Network automation
- Basic coding/scripting/automation (Python, Ansible)
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups