At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
We are seeking an experienced Sr Network Cyber Security Engineer with a broad background in all aspects of Security Technologies including Network, cloud, mobile and application to ensure the availability and accessibility of data is provided to our customers, but equally meaningful, is protected for our customers. This role will apply your expertise and experience to swiftly deliver enterprise impacting security solutions through multifaceted and collaborative partnerships across IT.
- Lead analysis, design engineering and implementation of network security solutions for new and existing environments
- Act as a technical advisor and domain specialist to multi-functional teams and partners
- Maintain an outstanding knowledge of capabilities and applicable vendor product offerings in the Network Security domain
- Understand technical issues and risks affecting the business and be able to communicate them to management and other business leaders
- Proven competence and ability to logically analyze and solve sophisticated issues collaboratively
- Ability to set priorities for scope, risk and quality of technology solutions to meet business needs
- Communicating technical information in a consumable manner to any organizational level
- Ability to independently identify and resolve critical and issues through effective problem-solving skills
- Maintaining and strengthen relationships; ability to optimally influence and inspire change with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability in management, decision making, and arbitration preferred
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills with the ability to work within expectations, prioritize work, and multi-task; Agile/Scrum team experience a plus
- Demonstrable experience in handling ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 4-6 years’ in Information Technology with demonstrated Networking and Cyber Security experience in a business environment. Preferred specifics:
- Firewall design, implementation, maintenance of a stable platform and support experience in NextGen Firewall technologies
- VPN design and operational support
- CASB / SASE / Proxy configuration and operational support
- Solving production network security challenges, requiring knowledge of BGP, TCP/IP and other common layer 2 / layer 3 protocols
- Ability to tackle issues throughout multiple security stack layers
- Current experience in securing Public Cloud environments is a plus (AWS preferred).
- Experience in Integrating network security into CI/CD pipelines a plus
- Strong Network and Security experience desired
- Certifications such as CCNA, CISSP, CCIE and SANS/AWS certifications are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor other staff members
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups