At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Northwestern Mutual (NM) is looking for a marketing manager who specializes in large-scale program strategy and execution, driving cross-functional operational workflow improvements, tracking key marketing technology programs and creatively developing technical solutions through effective collaboration.
In this role you will reinforce and expand upon the Private Client Group’s (PCG) marketing technology needs and infrastructure to advance the new elite brand identity and its corresponding experiences. As part of the Field Marketing Technology team, you will be responsible for driving the PCG team’s tech strategy and roadmap, leading execution, progress, and process improvements as assigned while being a key influencer to marketing operations data and technology strategies and roadmaps.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Listed in order of importance)
- Program Strategy: Collaborate closely with the PCG field marketing team to understand/use PCG technology needs and pain points to build solution-focused digital platform plans that align with field martech priorities
- Roadmap Lead: Work with Assistant Director of Field Marketing Technologies to define and prioritize a team/ensemble tech roadmap, in alignment with needs, opportunities, gaps, and PCG goals
- Program Leadership: Independently lead concurrent programs including sophisticated multifaceted marketing projects and data strategies, completing components such as defining business requirements, project scope, success criteria, risks, design/development, communication and implementation plans
- Cross-functional Team Alignment: Partner with PCG, Career Distribution, technical and general partner teams, including digital product, engineering, field marketing and key marketing channel owners to understand PCG friction points, the applicable systems and data infrastructure, and to advise on areas for opportunity and collaboration for improving the field experience through platform enhancements or the ingestion/tracking of data
- Project Prioritization: Optimize technology and data project timelines and roadmaps by understanding how field and customer data is structured in core systems to segment the information based on key criteria of NM elite teams and practices (e.g. channel, team type, high-net-worth consumer persona, etc.)
- Data Hygiene: Promote data integrity standard methodologies for maintaining balanced systems of record leading the elite identity data components and socializes these across teams
- Process Management/Improvement—Marketing optimization; Own and contribute to the development and implementation of formal processes and guidelines for crafting, modifying and maintaining world-class marketing technology and data outputs while collaborating with business partners and teams to evaluate and optimize programs and experiences that improve key business measures
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, data/analytics, business or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a professional marketing or communications setting; corporate, agency or financial services industry
- Maintains a solid understanding of digital and field marketing components to lead and report on sophisticated, multi-dimensional marketing data strategies and plans
- Leadership: Ability to negotiate, influence, and build credibility and strong partnerships in matrixed organization across business functions and levels
- Data & Technology Management: Proven track record to successfully engage and guide data/tech teams (may include engineers, analysts, consultants, venders, etc.) to plan, conceive, develop, implement and scale marketing technology initiatives
- Critical Thinking/Analytical: Demonstrated skills in problem-solving, listening, planning and thought leadership; Results-driven focus with ability to use data intelligence to influence decisions and refine strategies.
- Organization Skills: a proactive self-starter with demonstrated superior ability to manage multiple complex projects and deadlines in fast-paced, team and independent environments
- Business Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal collaboration and development of consumer/client communications; highly methodical team player who is able to foster collaboration to drive strategies, plans, results and outcomes
- Adaptability: thrives in an environment of ambiguity, innovation and ongoing change with constant ability to prioritize based on outcomes; a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Curiosity/Experimentation: Innate desire to monitor the rapidly changing marketing and financial industry landscape to incorporate latest applicable trends and technologies. Try something new, fail, try again.
- Knowledge and experience in financial services industry is preferred
- Experience working with luxury brands and/or working with high-net-worth consumers
- Experience working in Private Wealth Management
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups