At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Subject Matter Expert in Software Asset Management
- Familiarity with top tier software licensing terms and conditions
- Ability to deconstruct software licensing contracts into actionable license reconciliation rules
- ServiceNow SAM Pro experience a big plus (not a requirement)
- Fundamental Hardware Asset Management experience
- Fundamental Configuration Management experience
- ITIL foundations a plus
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with cross functional teams
- Subject Matter Expert of one or more technology Domains
- Partnering with vendors and enterprise teams on emerging best practices, patterns, and technology.
- Proactively learn emerging platforms and related technology.
- Ability to solve complex technical issues and enable/teach peers to be self-sufficient.
- Establish and maintain best practices as it relates to compliance, security, privacy, and legal requirements.
- Anticipate deviations from standard practices and find practical ways to move forward.
- Closely follow industry trends relevant to your domain and understand how to apply them to your work as appropriate.
- Break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable ones, and help others to do the same.
- Understand what tools are available and useful for your domain, how they work, and the sorts of situations and problems for which they're useful. Use them effectively and teach them to your teammates.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years professional experience
- 5 years of:
- professional IT experience,
- experience with at least one OS/hosting platform.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization, where relevant to license management.
- Experience with CICD concepts, tools, branching strategies, and using knowledge to assist in delivering an infrastructure as a product.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills within area of expertise and in adjacent domains.
- Solid grasp of traditional or cloud computing technologies including Networking, Compute, Storage, Development, Data, Operations, or Security.
- Experience with delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups