At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Northwestern Mutual is looking for a hardworking Senior IAM Engineer within our Identity and Access Management - User Provisioning team, with a focus on owning the design, development and deployment of user lifecycle processes within our enterprise IGA platform. This individual will be looked upon as a leader on the team and will guide the team on best practices, keeping up with industry trends and ensuring our technology platform can meet the needs of our people and process demands.
- Works with minimal supervision on large, complex IAM User Provisioning/IGA projects; often providing direction to others on team.
- Is a leader within the IAM User Provisioning Team with the expectation to guide and mentor more junior members. This includes overseeing the work performed by junior engineers, mentoring their technical educational activities, freely sharing knowledge and testing techniques.
- Contributes to the innovation of software development within IAM domain.
- Consults on right-sizing decisions, software solutions, and services.
- Recognized as having expert knowledge within the applicable IAM Domain
- Accountable for building, managing, and maintaining Identity and Access related security tools and the infrastructure required to support them. Focus on designing and implementing automation to aid the team in creating efficiencies.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- 3+ years developing and supporting an IGA tool (e.g., SailPoint IdentityIQ, CA IDM, etc.)
- Experience in Java/Java Script coding, building microservices using API’s and using SQL Server and familiar with all database concepts
- Experience in the following domains: Identity Governance Administration and User Provisioning
- Experience using engineering best practices to design and implement software solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong documentation, testing and automation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams.
- Strong ability to align and mature to security practices.
- Strong ability to align technical needs to business processes.
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on business objectives.
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally.
- Experience preferred with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment.
- 4+ years work experience in the Security IT field or Education in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems
- Certification in security space desired (CISSP, CCSP, etc).
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), & pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups