At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What is the role?
This position is open for remote. However, if local to one of our corporate offices, will be required to be hybrid (Milwaukee office on M, T, and W or in our NYC office on Thursday plus 1 other day.)
We are looking for a Sr IAM Engineer within Northwestern Mutual' s Identity and Access Management (IAM). You will be looked upon as a leader on the team and will guide the team on standard processes, keeping up with industry trends and ensuring our technology platform can meet the needs of our people and process demands.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of SailPoint IdentityIQ solutions, including access provisioning, identity lifecycle management, and role-based access control.
- Works with minimal supervision on large, complex IAM projects; often providing direction to others on the team.
- Is a leader within the IAM Team with the expectation to guide and mentor more junior members. This includes overseeing the work performed by junior engineers, mentoring their technical educational activities, freely sharing knowledge and testing techniques.
- Contributes to the innovation of software development within IAM domain.
- Consults on right-sizing decisions, software solutions, and services.
- Recognized as having expert knowledge within the applicable IAM Domain
- Accountable for building, managing, and maintaining Identity and Access related security tools and the infrastructure required to support them. Focus on designing and implementing automation to aid the team in creating efficiencies.
- Accountable for working with select team members to track, monitor, and report testing results in a meaningful way so that risk-based security metrics are delivered to the enterprise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bring your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security related position
- 4-5 years of professional experience required
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, and deploying and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Proven experience as a SailPoint IdentityIQ Engineer, with a strong understanding of IAM concepts, protocols, and standards.
- Proficiency in Java programming and scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python for custom development and automation.
- Experience working with web technologies, databases, and operating systems relevant to SailPoint IdentityIQ.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong documentation, testing and automation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams.
- Strong ability to align and mature to security practices.
- Strong ability to align technical needs to business processes.
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on business objectives.
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally.
- Experience preferred with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment.
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, PTO, and Holiday Pay
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups