At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative, and growing. We embrace cutting-edge technologies to enable our business to grow at an unprecedented rate and are looking for great people to help drive this transformation.
You will be joining the Planning Experience Team in New York. This Team is responsible for the software platform that helps our financial representatives engage with their clients and run financial simulations that emphasize the value of products that NM offers. More specifically you will be part of the Planning Experience application development team, which is responsible for delivering business value to their end-users.
We work in a fast-paced agile environment. We embrace out-of-box thinking, bold ideas, experimentation and the eagerness to continuously learn. We are not shy about trying new technologies and challenging our own ideas. We live by the concepts of fail-fast, continuously deploy and automate everything. We believe in full ownership: our teams are responsible for all aspects of their software, from architecture and testing to production monitoring and performance optimizations.
Your role will include:
- Be a vital part of the PX Application engineering team, build product features, participate in the architecture, implementation, and health of the application ecosystem
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with the product, QA, and design teams, share your ideas, and help shape the future of the platform
- Own feature development from early stages to production release and beyond
- Be ready to mentor engineers and share experience and knowledge
- Collaborate with the team frequently and facilitate new innovative ideas!
Our expectations from you:
Solid experience with:
- Building UI code with React
- Utilize state management tooling such as Redux, Recoil, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Web technologies – HTML, CSS, HTTP Basics, Auth, OWASP, Web Performance, Caching)
- Ability to write unit and integration tests and understanding of their importance
Nice to have – an understanding of:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Foundational AWS Services (IAM, EC2, S3, RDS)
- Eagerness to learn a backend language such as Java/Kotlin to contribute across the stack (not required, only if desired
- Git, CI/CD, Unit Testing
- NodeJS ecosystem
If any of this excites you, we want to hear from you!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups