At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Senior Field Marketing & Events Manager focuses on marketing efforts driven by both the Home Office and key field practices, especially Northwestern Mutual’s Private Client Group. The role has a strong emphasis on event management, including field-led client/prospecting events and corporate-led field engagement experiences.
Main focus areas:
Coordinate local field marketing support as it pertains to events and other client engagement activities, both in-person and virtual.
Partner with internal teams, including activation agency, to execute high-end field and client experiences.
Work closely with elite Advisor practices’ day-to-day marketing contacts to ensure programs are thoughtfully organized, successfully executed, and meet expectations.
Manage event logistics, including guest communications, registrations, materials, travel and lodging arrangements, vendor management, supplier payments, etc.
Coordinate the design and development of tools and templates in support of field executed client activation programs. Partner with internal constituents to ensure compliance, adoption, promotion and training.
Oversee tracking documentation to provide data-based measurement of goals.
Collaborate with Home Office partners to coordinate internal field and field-led external communications as they relate to events and activations (social, intranet, field websites, press releases, etc.).
Travel for the purpose of on-site hosting and coordination of marketing events as needed.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Event/Hospitality Management or business-related field
- Minimum of five (5) years in event marketing
- Previous experience in brand management
- Demonstrated success in designing event strategies and delivering tools and tactics to target audiences with quality and within scope
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong hosting and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding and creative eye for event management practices, including budgeting, décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, and special guest services
- Strong collaborative mentality and motivation to assist on other programs as needed or requested
- Professional, upbeat, inquisitive personality who embraces disruption and challenging the status quo
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including weekends
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups