At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
‘What's the role?
Our team leads the enterprise program for all things related to managing knowledge. We lead with influence and guide business teams to solve internal and external problems related to how employees write, access, display, use, and improve operational content. Think: How can we arrange this standard operating procedure so that it’s more consumable to the user, displayed using personalization, and optimized for search, all while adhering to compliance and regulatory requirements and meeting accessibility and design principles? We have oversight into a broad range of content repositories and website platforms that are heavily used throughout the enterprise. One day you might be creating a new landing page design to incorporate content recommendations and then spend the afternoon analyzing user analytics to determine improvement concepts for search engine optimization…and next day you will be participating on cross functional team to advise business groups on migrating content from a shared hard drive to an online platform with advanced search, content intelligence, and personalized design elements.
Sr. Experience Designer Job Description below:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Think through complex features and flows, balance user needs and business needs, and make the complex feel simple.
- Work under the guidance of a more senior UX designer, while still having ownership over his or her work.
- Follow an iterative design process to wireframe, prototype, and validate design ideas.
- Understand established design patterns, and know when to follow them and when to break them.
- Understand how to leverage qualitative and quantitative research insights to inform design decisions, and how to design an MVP with a longer term vision in mind.
- Responsible for establishing a systematic interaction design language across systems and platforms, and will help define and drive the future of Northwestern Mutual product experience.
- A self-starter who is user-focused, detailed, and solutions-oriented.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of user-centered design, visual design, brand development, and how products are put together.
- An extreme passion for understanding the user, and a strong communicator of the user's perspective throughout the design process.
- An understanding that UX is more than just UI, but includes all user-centered design activities from research, concepting, flows, sitemaps wireframes, prototypes, annotations, and more.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Figma, Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Invision and anything else needed to get the job done.
- A strong online portfolio available for viewing.
HTML - Proficient
CSS - Proficient
Figma Designs - Proficient
Complex Negotiations - Basic
Cross-Functional Partnerships - Intermediate
Process Improvement - Intermediate
Program Evaluations - Intermediate
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups