At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As the Senior Engineer within Cloud Foundations, you will work on a team responsible for NM's foundational capabilities to consume public cloud services - cloud connectivity, identity federation, access control, cloud account management, governance, and cloud financial management.
We are looking for an engineer who has a consistent track record of delivering on execution, ability to coach and mentor junior engineers, engage with internal and external stakeholders and provide thought leadership within the context of the Cloud's technical capabilities and processes. This person will have a strong understanding of technology solutions and has demonstrated out-of-the-box problem-solving skills and an innovative mindset.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate technical leadership by mentoring junior engineers
- Proficiency in DevOps and Agile principles
- Apply engineering standard methodologies to analyze and develop software solutions
- Leverages established coding standards, best practices, and automation capabilities to develop solutions to support our users
- Identify technical problems and develop software solutions and automation capabilities
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration and continuous development pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- AWS or Docker or Kubernetes Certification (Preferred)
- At least 4 years of working experience
- 5+ years of professional IT experience
- 3+ years experience with AWS Cloud Services (AWS Certified Preferred), and containerized applications and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes – CKA Preferred)
- 5+ years experience with monitoring and performance management/tuning of systems, Networking and Linux based platform
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code frameworks (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience working with DevOps, CICD, GitOps, Agile methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation and how to apply it with services such as Gitlab CI, Jenkins, CodePipeline, or Circle CI
- Understanding of certificates, firewalls, vulnerability management, authentication, and authorization
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience with Linux and Windows. Understanding how to install, configure and manage. Very comfortable with CLI
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups