At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Leads the program management team that plans, coordinates and actively manages the IT delivery plans for complex, cross-functional technical solutions that generally spans multiple, technical products in the Planning & Illustrations portfolio. Ensures the end to end plans are inclusive of all of the changes needed to technical products in support of initiative outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for a full range of manager responsibilities including communication, coaching and staff development, performance management, salary administration and staffing decisions.
- Leads the functional management to ensure optimum effectiveness and quality by managing adherence to strategies, goals, budgets, operating policies and procedures.
- Oversees the leadership team that direct the project and program managers.
- Manages relationships between organizational teams involving senior leaders.
- Develops standards for monitoring and measuring the quality and execution of projects and programs to ensure outcomes and results are achieved.
- Identifies methodologies and tool sets to be used.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience.
- Seven or more years of program management experience in technology and/or business functions. Experience with program management methodologies & governance. Multiple years experience in team management
- Experience with project management methodologies & SDLC. Working knowledge of project management / agile tooling. Financial & team team management
- Understands how software is developed, tested and implemented as well as technical concepts.
- Ability to work closely with engineers, product managers and business leaders.
- Experience managing large scale, cross-functional initiatives using a variety of delivery methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, lean, scrum, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to dig into details, learn, ask questions and become the "go to expert" on certain concepts and topics.
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Guided by policies and divisional plan, impacts the team’s ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups