At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Digital Service Experience Transformation (DSET) is focused on driving a world class experience for our clients, field, and home office client advocates. This experience is foundational for achieving both “best in class” and “best in cost” outcomes.
The Program Manager for DSET will proactively partner with a diverse group of technology and business leaders to build teams that ensure optimal execution of new and on-going programs in the automation portfolio. This includes partnering with the EPMG integrated planning team and monitoring risk, health, and outcomes.
This role will be instrumental in standing up the DSET organization and helping to manage all elements of execution including governance of milestones, business case development and resource/budget management for a large portfolio of work. The ideal candidate will have the ability to operate in ambiguous structures and define process with little direction, including socializing and gathering feedback from partners to better deliver the NM client experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead portfolio of automation projects selected to drive service experience transformation. Partner with business and technology leaders to build comprehensive project teams and infrastructure to ensure transformative automation projects are executed successfully.
- Facilitates adoption of best practice and cutting-edge opportunities to leverage automation. Provide accessible best practice insight that inspire and energize partners to support innovation and embrace transformation.
- Coach and lead through influence to solidify collaborative decisions required to advance programs.
- Leverage influence, relationships, and expertise in navigating the enterprise to identify and remove barriers to execution including issues of funding, talent gaps, time constraints, collaboration challenges.
- Actively engage in developing business cases, funding requests, and building support for transformative automation projects.
- Lead a team of program managers that manage program plans, monitor risks, elevate issues, and track results. Drive program management expertise across the enterprise. Partner with EPMG and BPE/EPA to leverage standard methodologies, processes, and tools to drive consistency from the function.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and/or 15+ years of experience in program management roles or relevant experience.
- Expertise in portfolio, program and project management, strategic and operational planning, and leading multiple complex projects with organization-wide impact.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the concepts and principles of program management
- Proven leadership skills working with diverse teams
- Prove ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication, negotiation, administrative and leadership skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to handle competing demands, work under tight deadlines and delivery in short timeframes
- Strong problem solving and strategic/critical thinking skills.
- Facilitation and team building skills; ability to play an active, operational, and communicative role.
- Organizational savvy in terms of how to execute large complex initiatives in complex, eco systems.
- Proven skills in dealing with ambiguity and paradox, and leading change.
- High degree of self-motivation with leadership and initiative in sharing information, contributing towards group goals, and driving for results.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups