At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
This role will define, manage, and provide a differentiated experience to our Private Client Group (PCG) Advisors. This differentiated experience directly benefits current PCG Advisors, while serving as an aspiration for existing advisors and attraction model for new. This work requires a deep understanding of the unique needs of PCG Advisors, the services/support available to them, their experience with the Home Office along with a close partnership with key stakeholders and strategic partners.
As the Senior Director, Field Relations you will lead the design and delivery of tailored experiences for our most sophisticated advisors, leveraging solutions and services which accelerate advisor growth and drive a premium engagement experience.
Primary Duties & Accountabilities:
- Design and deliver the PCG onboarding, and off-boarding (client transition) experience needed that leads to the long-term top-down intentional experience for eligible and active PCG Advisors in collaboration with PCG program team
- Execute on key initiatives, with consideration given to segments within PCG, release bundles and other company engagements as part of supporting the ongoing PCG community strategy in collaboration with PCG program team
- Enable and deliver the key elements of ongoing PCG field engagement strategy with consideration given to segments within PCG, release bundles and other company engagements in collaboration with distribution performance team.
- In partnership with the Sales Director, field leadership and other areas of the home office, act as expediter for PCG issue resolution.
- Proactively build awareness of PCG value proposition and offerings, including providing consulting and guidance to aspiring PCG advisors and field leadership. Support the Advisor Practices Insights team for gathering and operationalizing ongoing feedback and field insights from our sophisticated practices.
- As future demand requires, lead a team of Relationship Managers and oversee the ongoing engagement process ensuring eligible advisors are provided a tailored experience for PCG and beyond PCG
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Advanced degree in Business, finance or related field or an equivalent combination of education, field experience and/or progressively responsible work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience working closely with a financial services distribution system in a leadership capacity with ability to develop, lead, manage, and collaborate on multiple projects.
- Strong leadership, vision and strategy, decision-making and team-building skills.
- High level of credibility with the Network Offices and field management.
- In depth knowledge of the distribution system, Network Office operations, Northwestern Mutual's products, marketing approaches and sales and career cycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to establish rapport at all levels of the home office and in the field.
- Demonstrated NM behaviors: Solve for the Client, Deliver Exceptional Experience, Talent Multiplier, Challenge the Status Quo, Lead with Enterprise Vision, Play to Win.
- Highly preferred FINRA Series 7 and Series 63
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups